Employer Name: University of California, Riverside
Job Title: Director, Constituent Research & Development
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Job Summary: UC Riverside is ranked among the top 50 best public universities in the nation (US News & World Report 2011), is the premier research university in Inland Southern California and is one of its largest employers. UCR is part of the world renowned and prestigious University of California (UC) system. Within this exciting environment, University Advancement is responsible for promoting public awareness of UCR's groundbreaking work, generating financial resource assistance and assisting the university's stakeholders. Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement Services, the Director of Constituent Research & Development (CRD) provides strategic direction and management for UC Riverside's Office of Constituent Research & Development. The Research office has primary responsibility for (1) providing in-depth background information on a wide variety of constituents for use by the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Deans, faculty and members of the department of Development in pursuit of private funding for University initiatives and activities; and (2) initiating proactive research and data mining that will produce a pipeline of prospects for future cultivation and solicitation in support of UC Riverside. Incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the Research Office, including strategic direction and planning for work products and workloads, human resources, resource acquisition (both independently and in coordination with such entities as the University Resource Librarians), and coordination with all UC Riverside offices using the services of the Research office. Through supervision of Research staff, the incumbent oversees the identification and evaluation of individual prospects and their affiliated organizations and pipeline development for UCR at all giving levels. Research Staff create written reports compiling and synthesizing in-depth research information on prospects and donors and provide analysis of and suggestions for suitable strategies for prospects in relation to the University's fund raising goals and initiatives. Incumbent serves on a variety of standing and ad hoc committees throughout the University, as required. This position is critical to the success of UCR's overall fund raising efforts, providing services to the entire general campus. By prioritizing and focusing the efforts of Development staff on discrete, well-defined pools of prospects, and by informing Development's and University administration's encounters with UCR's constituents, the Research office enables efficiency in fund raising and ensures UCR's institutional history vis-a -vis its relationship with its constituents.
Job Duties: Please review the job Posting at http://jobs.ucr.edu/ Job Posting Number 201106280886
- Proven significant experience in creating and guiding Research and Prospect Management strategies in support of a comprehensive or capital campaign in a higher education environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in advancement research, prospect management, and prospect identification.
- Experience working in a higher education fund raising environment with the knowledge of the principles of external fundraising in higher education, donor relations, and of an academic institution's organization, structure, and function.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with Campaign Reporting strategies and tools for various audiences (e.g., Trustees, the Chancellor and Senior University Management, Deans, Development Officers, the public)
- Experience planning, executing, and implementing wealth screening and/or predictive modeling projects.
- Proven experience in conducting advanced level research in a higher education institution. Demonstrated advanced analytical skills working in an academic and/or research environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Demonstrated experience as a self-directed visionary who can mold existing disparate pieces into a definitive integrated program.
- Demonstrated experience in independently developing and implementing strategic plans that incorporate a concise definition of goals, targeted audiences, and strategies in-line with institutional goals.
- Proficiency in information management utilizing a relational database, comprehensive knowledge of standard Windows and Microsoft applications, proficiency using various fee-based and free online research resources such as Lexis-Nexis, WealthEngine, Dun & Bradstreet, Metasoft, FoundationSearch, etc.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, faculty, donors, volunteers, and University officials. Use of independent judgment and tact, diplomacy, and flexibility in communications on behalf of the University.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; exceptional and succinct writing/reporting skills. Demonstrated ability to make effective and persuasive presentations to internal groups and external individuals.
- Demonstrated experience in project and program management and managing teams. Proven ability to develop guidelines and metrics to track effectiveness of projects and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters, with a strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation. Foster the Principles of Community by promoting and supporting a climate of fairness, cooperation, civility, mutual respect and professionalism.
Preferred Qualifications Demonstrated experience in hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, and motivating staff. Job Posting Number 201106280886
Executive Director, Advancement Services
900 University Avenue
Riverside, California 92521